Thursday, June 11, 2009

Brand New Demos From THE SUPER VACATIONS!!!

SUPER VACATIONS photo for blogposts
Last spring of 2008 I had the pleasure of seeing The SUPER VACATIONS live while they were on a U.S. tour w/ GARY WAR and TEETH MOUNTAIN, I had been listening to their killer first LP on SHDWPLY Records a lot at the time, and after their short performance I already wanted to see them again!!! For those who haven't heard of these boys, The SUPER VACATIONS are an east coast band mixing 60's surf/ garage styles with a dash of new wave, and a sort of psychedelic twist creating a distinctive sound of their own. In my opinion they are the perfect summer music and 'tis the season! They've had members go on to play in GARY WAR, TEETH MOUNTAIN, WAVVES, and DAN DEACON. They are currently working on a new LP to be released this fall on SHDWPLY Records (U.S.) and FORTE DISTRIBUTION (UK/ Europe!!!) The band has been kind enough to share with us demo versions of songs for this album. Greg (GARY WAR) will be handling all of the mixing/ mastering at his studio in NYC. The album title is still to be announced...
I still haven't gotten to see them live again, so these demos will just have to hold me over until I do. Enjoy!!!
Into The Void
Henry







No comments:

Post a Comment